Are you ready to kiss - or be kissed? Is there a special someone that you'd like to kiss? If you haven't yet experienced your first kiss, it can be a daunting challenge. For the purposes of this article, we're going to pretend we're all heterosexual, but apply the tips as you like!
- 1Have a mint. Make sure you are kissably fresh. Bad breath is a definite turn off.Lean in and make eye contact. Lean your head on your guy's shoulder as if you are about to fall asleep. Look up at him - if his arm goes around to let you in, go for the kiss. If not, or if he doesn't seem to be taking things the same way you are, he might not be ready yet. Just relax for now.
- 3Look at his lips. Drop your gaze and your eyelids to half mast, then slowly, look back up at him and give him a little welcoming smile.
- 4Relax and be at ease about it. If he doesn't go for the kiss, accept it and don't push. Wait for another moment, either later in the date, or another time.
- 5Let him know you want to kiss. Reaching up to twine your arms around his neck, or lightly play with the hair at his neckline will let him know you are ready to get up close and personal.
- 6Take the lead. Some guys are very shy. Even those who aren't have been drilled over and over about unwelcome touching. Consider lightly kissing him on the cheek to show him that you're okay with touch. Guys have a reputation as being pervs, but a lot of boys worry about going too far.
- 7Invite him to kiss you. Yep, some boys really do need an engraved invitation. Let's say you've tried to show him you're ready, and he looks interested, but you just can't get him to (A) let you kiss him, or (B) kiss you, then just ask him, "Couldn't we just be kissing right now?" If he doesn't kiss you then, he isn't going to.
- 1Don't Be Too Shy - Girls do want to be kissed. If you like a girl, DON'T tell her you love her just to get a kiss, but girls do like being flattered by a guy sharing his feelings for her.
- 2Have a mint. Make sure you are kissably fresh.
- 3Shave. Or don't. Most girls prefer a guy with a smooth face, but some like their guy's face rough. Get to know what your girl likes.
- 4Respect her privacy. Most girls will not want to make out in front of others, especially if this is her first kiss. Find the right time when you can be alone. Privacy is key.
- 5Watch for signals. Watch carefully, because sometimes the signals can be confusing - she may flirt with you, then smack you on the head. These may just be coy games, or she may really be conflicted. Ask yourself these questions: Did you and your date seem to have a cozy, warm, close time together? Has she been flirting with you through body language? Has she licked her lips, or bit her lower lip while looking at you? Has she found excuses to touch you often? If you feel confident of these things, prepare to kiss!
- 6Make eye contact. If she is comfortable and doesn't look away then she is ready.
- 7Lean in slowly. Don't swoop in like a condor! Make it slow, nice, easy, romantic.
- 8Hold her. Do not use a first kiss as your personal excuse to grope, grab, or get too familiar. Be a gentleman, for heaven's sake. Reach around her waist, gently draw her toward you (again, gentlemen, do not squish her up against you and then grind your pelvis against her).
- 9Look into her eyes. Notice how we mention eye contact twice? Very important. Let her know that you are really seeing her.
- 10Look at her lips. Aim, dude. Make sure you know where you're going. Lean in, and go in for the kiss - don't miss her lips.
- 11Walk that fine line and make it a really excellent kiss. You don't want to give her a chaste little peck. You also don't want to (well, you may want to, but don't!) shove your tongue down her throat. An excellent first kiss is one that is romantic, tender and memorable. Your mouth should not be overly opened or closed, and it shouldn't be mushy or too tight (relax). Don't let it go too long (more than, say, 20 seconds) or let it be too short (3 seconds is not enough) - think around 10 seconds or so. A tiny hint of tongue is nice if she seems willing, but make it flirtatious and not insistent.
- 12Wait for her response. Just remain silent and smile, better yet hug her, ending the first kiss in a lovely, intimate moment.
- Keep in mind that many are shy about kissing -- but this doesn't mean they don't want to kiss you. Pay attention to body language. If you think your someone might be suffering from this ailment, try kissing them! Just be mindful of their reaction. If they pull away, or are surprised or otherwise not interested in the kiss, be mature about it and don't take it personally. You can try again later unless you are rebuffed flat out.
- Carry Lip balm or lip gloss (preferably lip balm)
- The fastest way to have a first kiss is just to get close to the person and kiss them. Most people won't complain. However, it is more fun if you spend an intimate evening with that person first.
- A good way to have a first kiss is going to a movie. Simple, but effective. Hopefully your crush will hold your hand - everyone has hormones, after all - and then, gradually get closer until you're as close as you can be without kissing. S/he should get the message soon, and if s/he doesn't, perhaps s/he's just not ready.
- If you know for a fact he wants to kiss you - for instance, he's told your friends - but he's just nervous, don't be afraid to ASK him! It does work.
- If you don't mind having an impersonal first kiss, join in on a game of Truth or Dare. The most popular dare is to kiss someone. Be warned though: you may end up kissing someone you don't much fancy (unless you get a friend to dare your crush to kiss you). The same is true for Spin the Bottle. Keep in mind you have no control in the latter.
- Avoid kissing straight-on, noses may get in the way.
- Keep your eyes closed, or mostly closed, during a first kiss. It will be awkward to be cross-eyed looking at them while kissing. Nobody wants to open their eyes slightly to find you staring, wide-eyed at them during a first kiss.
- Do not worry about details - how much to tilt your head, when to close your eyes, how long to stay, etc. Everyone has intuition and kissing is a very intuitive activity. It will all turn out fine.
- Don't just kiss someone out of the blue to see what it's like to kiss, have your first kiss with someone you really care for.